The world is more connected than ever before and the pace of change is bewildering. We deliver the best combination of technology and services to enable our clients to fulfil the diverse needs of their customers. By fostering a deeply and personal relationship with our clients, we want to improve the lives of people and organizations.
Axians is the VINCI Energies brand dedicated to ICT and Digital Transformation. We’re present across 27 countries, with more than 12 500 employees and an annual revenue of more than 2.7 billion euros, in 2021.
The best of ICT with a human touch
Data Engineer Tech Leader
- Participate as a technical referent in developing code for processing and analyzing large amounts of data;
- Guide and support team members through technical issues and challenges related to data engineering and the uses tech stack;
- Collaborate closely with Data Scientists and Analysts to support the (technical) design, implementation and evaluation of new algorithms, machine learning models and other data-driven features and services.
- Deploy solutions on cloud technologies.
- BSc or higher degree in Computer Science or equivalent Software Engineering experience;
- 3 to 9 years of experience in designing and implementing scalable software and data-driven services using Big Data technologies, data storages, data warehouses, and related data processing technologies, as well as programming languages such as Scala;
- Experience in building and optimizing data pipelines that process large datasets using Spark and Hadoop environment;
- Familiar with working on cloud environments especially with data related services;
- Hands-on experience in analyzing large datasets (e.g. with SQL, Spark, Python, Hive etc.);
- Experience with workflow management platforms (like Airflow) and collaborative platforms (like Jupyter or Zeppelin);
- Knowledge of YAML (data serialization);
- Microsoft Azure and PowerBI (plus);
- Some experience in the domain of information retrieval, information extraction or machine learning (plus);
- Good knowledge of Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban);
- Fluent in English (manadatory);
- French would be highly appreciated and valued.
- Positive mindset and the social skills to work in an international team;
- Autonomous person;
- Desire to learn;
- Think out-of-the-box.
Send the CV preferably in English and preferably in Europass format to: email@example.com
indicating in the title the reference Data TLeader_Porto.TA.SR